Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Getting the ingredients Toby's experience

I walked to my local grocery store, and bought the ingredients for making my coconut curry chicken and corn curry soup. There was many different ingredients inside and you would think you would get lost in looking for the items but it was much easier than it looked. I found the condiment I was looking for, curry powder.

You cling off the lid with your nails and you experience an explosion of scent. The smell scatters all over the house and out the window to nearby pedestrians. The foreign pungent of rice, beans, naan, and hot pepper spice all stay in your house for days. It smells not hard, but corrosive to the soft scents. You look at the brown pumpkin sawdust and wonder what it tastes like. Try it, if you dare, but without something with it, it will be too volcanically spicy. Do eat this with meats and wheats, but not with soft fruits like banana or custard, because curry powder devours all the flavor in the soft tasting foods.

Brown rice was another ingredient I needed, and if you don't know what rice is, it smells like evaporated nothing, and tastes like the slightest bit of egg, water, and sugar. Brown rice looks like 100% water marshmallow minis, roasted under the light of a microscope.

Don't forget to watch my two videos. Find the links further in my blog entries.

No comments:

Post a Comment